The game of pure luck called Bingo has a long history. It started out in Roman times as a lottery style game. Since then it has gone through many turns and twists and evolved in a couple of popular bingo variants that can be played at many land based bingo halls in all parts of the globe. Moreover, with the introduction of Internet, it moved onto the online gambling industry and, nowadays, many online bingo websites offer various types of bingo games to suit all bingo fans.
Playing bingo games online is quite fast, simple and easy. First, you must have already registered and verified online bingo account loaded with money. Then you need to visit the bingo lobby and pick one of the offered bingo games. Afterwards, buy as many bingo tickets as you want and wait till the numbers are called. Different bingo games offer different payouts for marking off a line, two lines or full house on your bingo tickets and if Lady Luck is on your side you can walk away with pretty good payout. Some bingo games also come with fixed or progressive jackpots won when hitting a particular bingo pattern. Continue reading if you want to learn more about bingo games and the type of bingo variations you may come across online bingo sites.
Free and Penny Bingo Games
Bingo fans can play online bingo games in two formats- for free and for real money. Free bingo, as the name implies, is completely free to enter, but it may require players to meet certain conditions. For example, only players that have made a deposit in the past 7 days can play free bingo or only players that belong to a certain VIP level. Nevertheless, free bingo offers nice payouts to players for hitting certain winning pattern even though the prizes are not that high compared to the real money bingo games.
The second mode of playing online bingo games requires real purchase of bingo tickets with your own deposited money. Because the prices of bingo tickets usually range between a penny and £ 1, it is often called penny bingo. The prices of the card also depend on the type of bingo game and the payouts it offers. For example, the prices of the tickets for the bingo games that come with high progressive jackpots are usually £1.
Common Types of Bingo Games
The following are the most common types of bingo games available at many online bingo sites:
- 90-Ball Bingo. The cards of this bingo variant consist of numbers from 1 to 90 distributed over a couple of strips in three rows with five numbers in each one. Numbers are not repeated and the first player to mark off a line on a ticket wins. Prizes are also given to players that mark off two lines and a full house.
- 80-Ball Bingo. As the name implies, the cards of 80-ball bingo have 80 numbers in total arranged in different colors. The ticket has 4×4 formats of numbers.
- 75-Ball Bingo. The bingo cards have 75 numbers arranged as follows: 1-15 fall in the B column, 16-30 appear in the I column, 31-45 are in the N column, 46-60 fall in the G column and 61-75 show up in the O column.
- 30-Ball Bingo. Also called Mini Bingo, the cards of 30-ball bingo have nine squares in a 3×3 format.
Other Types of Bingo Games
What follows are other types of bingo games that can be played at some online bingo rooms:
- Pattern Bingo. To win prizes in some bingo games you need to mark off winning combinations in form of a pattern like the letter L or T etc. The winning pattern is announced before the game starts.
- Quickie. A bingo game in which numbers are drawn pretty fast. Similar to this is Speed Bingo usually played with a certain pattern.
- Coverall. In UK it means full house, but in US it means a blackout. The object of the game is to mark off all the numbers on a bingo ticket before a certain amount of balls is drawn. In most cases the game is connected with huge progressive jackpot.
- Money Ball. In this bingo game, a number stands out from the rest of the numbers and it doubles the winnings of a player if a Bingo is hit on that exact number.
- Deal or No Deal Bingo. Based on the UK game show Deal or No Deal, in this bingo variant there are 21 bingo balls that have a red Deal or No Deal box. The 22rd box is for the player and when he wins a full house on his bingo card the banker will make him an offer for the box. The player must choose ‘deal or no deal’.